Monday 16 March 2015

OCC Matte Lip tar in Sebastian - Review

Hello everyone!

I have been searching high and low for a good Grey lip product for so long now. I don't know why but I've just been loving the look of straight up Grey lips haha. I was looking to get Space Cake by Lime Crime, but never got round to it. Plus I didn't know how that colour would work with my skin tone. BUT THEN... I saw someone post a picture to Instagram and they were wearing this beauty!!!

OCC MATTE LIP TAR in Sebastian - £14.00 from Beauty Bay
I instantly fell in love with this colour. It's kind of a cross between grey and purple, which I thought made it slightly more wearable. 


In the picture above I am wearing Sebastian on top of the 'Neutral' side of the Jemma Kidd Lip Line Duo in Neutral/Plum. The lip liner also has a purple undertone which I think worked really well with the Lip Tar. 

I am really pleased with the colour of this product. I knew I loved the OCC Lip Tar's in terms of colour payoff and formula as I got the chance to play around with a lot of them during my makeup course. 

OCC's Lip Tar's come in three different finishes: Metallic, Matte and Stained Gloss. Sebastian is a matte finish, which I personally think is my favourite of the three. I also really like the Gloss finish, however I find the Metallic finish is slightly more unwearable. They are really great for use on photoshoots though!

I guess it all comes down to personal preference though. 

The products retail at £14.00. I get mine from Beauty Bay, but I'm sure there are other places on the internet that you can get them from. I feel that £14.00 is a really reasonable price.. You get 9ml of product in a tube but you only need to use the tiniest amount at one time. A little goes a long way with these beauties and the staying power is amazing - so they should last you a good while! 

I think these are really interesting products to work with, and I would really recommend them if you're into trying new lip products. They are a staple for a Makeup Artist's kit in my opinion. I'll definitely be purchasing more!

Thanks for reading guys, I hope this was interesting. 

Love H x 

No comments:

Post a Comment