Friday 29 August 2014

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit - Review

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit is a palette of sculpting powders, perfect for setting highlight and contouring the face. There are a range of different colours and tones meaning this product is going to be great for a wide range of people.         


On the side of the packaging it tells you all of the colours that are inside: Sand, Vanilla, Banana, Java, Fawn and Havana. However each individual pan can be taken out of the palette and on the back of each pan is the name (which is handy if ever you need to take a colour out of the palette). 


I believe you can actually buy the pans individually which means you can refill your colours without buying the whole palette again, which is awesome! 

I absolutely love the formula of these powders, they are silky smooth and set the face beautifully. They don't cake up and look chalky which I also love. All of the powders are matte except from Sand, which is slightly shimmery and so this colour is a perfect cheekbone, browbone and inner corner highlight! I would have to say my favourite colour BY FAR is Banana. I just love that they have included this yellow shade, I haven't known any other brand to have such a good shade for highlighting under the eyes. It reminds me a lot of a pressed version of Ben Nye Banana powder, which I also adore! 

L-R: Vanilla, Banana, Sand, Java, Fawn and Havana.

The palette retails at £45 and you can order it online on the Cult Beauty website. I know £45 sounds like a lot, but these powders will last you a really long time and they are super good quality! So I think it's really worth it, I wouldn't recommend it to you if I didn't think it was worth the money. 

As a makeup artist, this palette is so ideal as it has a variety of different colours that you can do so many different things with, all in a handy palette. So if you are a makeup artist I would strongly recommend getting this palette! And if you're not, then I would still strongly recommend it haha. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET IT. I'm kidding, but it is so, so good.

I hope that this short review has helped you out if you were debating whether to purchase this palette or not!

Speak to you soon! 

Love H ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment