Wednesday 10 September 2014

Green, blue and purple gradient liner

Hey everyone! So I thought I'd share with you a quick post on this gradient liner that I created today. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do when I started my makeup this morning, but this is how it turned out... 


To create the multi-coloured liner, I first mapped out the liner with a white base. To do this I used the NYX white eyeshadow base, which is basically NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk in a melted form which has been put in a convenient little pot. Amazing stuff! 







To do the majority of the liner I used the Louise Young LY24A brush and to create the wing I used the LY37 brush. 

I then packed on the green eyeshadow colour on the inner third of the eye, then the blue in the middle and the purple on the outer corner and the wing, making sure to blend each colour into the last as I did so. This creates the gradient/ombre effect. Of course you could create this look using any three eyeshadows you wish, you could even use more than three shadows, or less! It's really versitile. Once all the colour was on, I went back underneath the wing with the white base and my LY24A brush to create a straight line to make the look more intense. I think the white finishes it off perfectly. You could do this part with a black liner if you wanted for a more wearable look, but I chose to use white.  

I then curled my lashes with my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers and added a coat of mascara.

As you can see from the picture above, I first paired it with a nude lip, which is great for a wearable option as there is so much going on with the eye. However, I then wanted to try it with a bright orangey-red lip, which I love for a more dramatic look. 
PS: Excuse the blemish scarring on my cheeks, I don't have foundation on in the picture, just fake tan and some concealer as I'm trying to give my skin a rest!!!! :(

Thanks for reading guys, I hope you liked this post! 

Be sure to leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought :-) 

Speak to you in my next post.

Love H ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment