Wednesday 11 February 2015

Dupe alert - Blusher

Hi my lovelies.

I was sorting out my makeup collection the other day, and came across these blusher "dupes". They're not EXACT dupes, but I think they're pretty good. They are both Makeup Revolution dupes for MAC blushers.

The first dupe is Makeup Revolution HOT blusher and MAC Pink Swoon blusher.


Left - Pink Swoon, Right - Makeup Revolution HOT
In terms of colour, you can see that Pink Swoon is a bit lighter and more cool/blue toned, whereas HOT is more warm/orange toned. Asides from that I think that they are pretty good dupes, definitely considering Pink Swoon is £15 for the pan refill and HOT is £1 !!!!!! The formula's aren't exactly the same, the Makeup Revolution blush is actually more pigmented would you believe. However, can sometimes come off a little chalky. The finishes are slightly different as Pink Swoon is matte and Hot has a SLIGHT hint of shimmer in the pan, but hardly any shimmer payoff when applied to the skin. I still do think that it's worth the £1 if you were in the market for a new blusher or were looking at investing in Pink Swoon.

The next dupe is Makeup Revolution NOW blusher and MAC Blushbaby blusher.


Left - MAC Blushbaby, Right - Makeup Revolution NOW
So as you can see from the swatches, Blushbaby is a lot darker in shade, however the tone of the blushers are pretty similar. NOW is definitely more of a dusky rose brown, but I still thought I would include them in this post. The formula's are the same as the first two blushers I talked about. And again I would seriously recommend the Makeup Revolution one (£1) if you're looking for a neutral brown toned blush like Blushbaby. The formula's again are slightly different, Blushbaby is matte and NOW has the same amount of shimmer as HOT if not less.

I really hope that this short post was interesting or helpful for some of you. I really wanted to share it with you because I seriously rate Makeup Revolution as a brand and think their products are so worth the price. If not more. It's like the BEST brand for high end dupes. Check them out if you haven't already!
http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/ 

You can also find Makeup Revolution in Superdrug, however smaller Superdrug stores don't stock all the products (there are just so many) so it's worth having a look online.

Thanks for reading!

Love H x

No comments:

Post a Comment