Wednesday 23 July 2014

Soft purple smokey eye - Day to night transformation

So I thought I'd quickly share with you this purple smokey look that I did on myself today, because I want to show you how you can completely transform your look to change it from a day look to a sultry night look, with one simple step... Changing up the lip colour. 


The first lip colour I paired with this look was a nude. You can see from the top two pictures that the eyes look soft and summery and perfect for day time when paired with a nude. The bottom two pictures show the eyes paired with a deep purple lip colour, which as you can see, instantly vamps up the look and completely changes it into a sultry night time look. 

My change in lip colour for this look was quite dramatic because I wanted to show you clearly how different it can make the look appear, however this would work with just a subtle change, for example swapping a light day time orangey red for a deep, burgundy red for night time. 

This has got to be the oldest trick in the book for a simple way to change up your makeup quickly, however I just wanted to share with you how good this tip is and show you visually what a difference just changing the lip colour can make. 

I hope that this has been helpful and maybe you learnt something new. 

Love H ♥


2 comments:

  1. What eyelashes , if any, did you use for this? And I have MAC lipstick in rebel would that give it the same affect also? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wearing Ardell Demi Wispies, you can get them from Superdrug for around £6 :-) and absolutely, any dark purple toned lipstick will work just as well!!! X

      Delete