Thursday 4 June 2015

My 5 favourite foundation brushes

I am an absolute sucker for a foundation brush... As weird as that might sound. I used to be super into applying foundation with my fingers (and still do sometimes if I'm going for a really natural look), but the majority of the time I love using brushes. So in this post I am going to talk to you about 5 of my absolute favourites... (The brushes had just been washed so the bristles still look a little wet in the pics)


1. Real Techniques Buffing brush


This brush is the one I've had the longest. It is definitely tried and true. I used to use the Expert Face brush but found that the bristles were a little too dense for my liking and I much preferred the bristles on the buffing brush. This brush (as the name suggests) is great for buffing and blending in foundation to create a flawless base. I switch up the my foundation brush a lot but I have to say I keep coming back to this one. Loving this brush at the moment! 
As I was searching where to find this brush, I realised that I think you can only get it as part of their Core Collection Kit. Which is super annoying! The kit is £21.99 from Boots. You could probably find it sold separately on Ebay or Amazon though. Sorry about that guys!

2. Sigma F88 Flat Angled Kabuki brush 


This beauty is my absolute favourite for achieving a full coverage base. It works best (for me) as a brush for packing on foundation, almost like a stippling brush. In my opinion it's the best way to achieve fast full coverage results without having to layer on foundation. It's designed in the most perfect way to fit into every crevice of the face, making product application super fast and easy. Love it! £18.95 From Love Makeup.

3. Zoeva 122 Petit Stippling brush


This brush is my favourite for when I want to take a little more time with my foundation and really get it worked into the skin. This brush makes foundation almost look like second skin, if you know what I mean. It gives an absolutely flawless effect, but it does take more time to get it perfected as it's such a tiny little brush. I love this brush for working on clients as it's nice and small and you can really control where the product is going.  

4. Real Techniques Duo Fibre Face brush


This brush is amazing for achieving a really lightweight natural base. I have found it works really well with foundations like MAC Face and Body and BB cream type products. Because the fibres on the brush are so long, it doesn't buff like some other brushes I've mentioned, but there's something about how this brush applies product that I just love. It definitely works better with thinner foundations as they don't require so much working into the skin... So bare that in mind. But for a quick and easy application this brush is an absolute winner!
EEK the same thing happened with this brush as with the Buffing brush! You can only buy it as part of the Limited Edition Duo Fibre Set. Guys I am literally so sorry!
The set is £23.99 from Boots. Again you might be able to find it sold separately on Ebay or something!

5. Zoeva 102 Silk Finish brush


Now this brush is very similar to the real techniques ... Brush, but is much more domed in shape. I'm not sure if it's the shape that makes me prefer it to the RT one... But I do. The application of product with this brush just seems to be much more even and flawless. I went through a stage of being absolutely obsessed with it, I'd use it every day without fail. I have to say it's an excellent every day foundation brush. Great for buffing and blending but could easily be used to stipple and pack product onto the skin. A real all rounder I'd say. Mine is from the Zoeva Rose Gold Collection but you can just buy the single one for £11.50 on Beauty Bay.

Oh and I just wanna add this in here... Not a brush but still a favourite... The Real Techniques Miracle Beauty Sponge! It's just a makeup sponge really. But an amazing one. Applies foundation beautifully and gives a seamless natural looking finish. Use it damp to achieve best results.
£5.99 from Boots.

And that's it... There are my favourite foundation brushes. I hope that this has been helpful for you if you were thinking of investing in a new foundation brush.

Thanks so much for reading!

Love, H x

No comments:

Post a Comment