Thursday 11 June 2015

My Veggie Bean Chilli Recipe

Hey guys!

Today I thought I would share with you my vegetarian bean chilli recipe. It's one of my all time favourite dishes to make... And eat...

It's super quick and simple and soooo delicious. Of course you can alter the recipe to work around your personal taste, but I'm sharing with you my favourite way to make it. Hope you enjoy!


This recipe makes 2 large servings.

What you will need: 

100g quinoa
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
1 tin of mixed beans in tomato sauce
1 half tin of chick peas
1 white onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 half of a hot red chilli pepper
1 red bell pepper
As much chilli powder as you like...
A squirt of brown sauce
2 vegetable stock cubes (I like to use beef stock as I'm not a strict vegetarian - beef stock gives much more flavour than veggie stock - but vegetable stock works just fine)

Method:

1. Chop the onion and bell pepper into 1cm chunks. Mince the garlic and chilli pepper.
2. Add the quinoa to a pan. Dissolve one of the stock cubes with half a pint of water. Once dissolved, add to the quinoa and leave to simmer for about 20 minutes. 
3. Whilst the quinoa is simmering, fry the onion in a little oil until translucent.
4. Add the bell pepper to the onion and allow to soften. Once soft add the garlic and chilli pepper.
5. When all the veg is soft you can add the tinned tomatoes.
6. When the mixture starts to bubble, add the mixed beans and chick peas. Leave the mixture to simmer until the beans are warmed through. 
7. When the beans are warmed through, dissolve the second stock cube in 200ml of water and add to the mixture. 
8. Then add as much chilli powder as you like... I like ALOT.
9. Next, add a good squirt of brown sauce. This adds a really nice sweet kick and some richness.
10. When everything has been added, the final thing to do is add the quinoa to the mix, Stir until everything is combined and leave to simmer for another 5 mins or so.

And that's it!!! Your veggie bean chilli is ready to serve.

Serving suggestion: Add a good dollop of soured cream to the centre. YUMMM.


Whenever I cook something veggie like this, which is quite often, my boyfriend likes to add his own meat. To this dish he added some chicken breast he had marinated in cayenne pepper and chilli powder.


Hope you enjoyed this post guys! I love sharing recipes with you.

Please share any thoughts in the comments section below, and let me know if you try this dish out!

Speak soon!

Love, H x

No comments:

Post a Comment